See Our Location On Map
How to Reach - Directions & Map
- From Airport:
- Take a prepaid taxi (or private cabs) from the counters. Ask for destination
"Haringhata" via NH34. The distance is about 40 km.
- Follow the instructions under "By road" section.
- By train:
- If you are coming from Howrah, take a taxi/bus for Sealdah and then take the following route/transport.
- If you are coming from Sealdah, take a northbound train to either of Kalyani
Simanta, Shantipur, Krishnanagar, Ranaghat, Gede or Lalgola passanger.
- Get down at Kalyani station. Take bus no 27 or an autorickshaw to Bara Jagulia.
- Get down at the "Gate no 7" stop. IISER-K main gate would be on your right.
Ask the security for the directions to various departments.
- By road:
- If you are coming from Kolkata via Kalyani Expressway with your own vehicle:
- Take a right turn at "Kampa More" (close to Kanchrapara railway station)
and drive to Bara Jagulia (about 9 km).
- Take a left turn to be on National Highway 34 (NH34).
- Drive for 1.7 km. The approach road to IISER-K (IISER-K connector road in Google map)
would be on your left (the place is "4 no gate" stop for buses/auto rickshaws).
- If you are coming from Kolkata via National Highway 34 (NH34) with your own vehicle:
- Drive up to Bara Jagulia.
- Drive for another 1.7 km. The approach road to IISER-K (IISER-K connector road in Google
map) would be on your left (the place is "4 no gate" stop for buses/auto rickshaws).
- If you are coming via National Highway 34 (NH34) by bus (from or to Kolkata):
- Get down at Bara Jagulia.
- Take bus no 27 (to Kalyani).
- Get down at the "7 no Gate" stop (takes about 10 minutes from Bara Jagulia).
- If you are driving from North Bengal via NH34:
- Note the Kalyani more (crossing between Kalyani road and NH34).
- Take a right turn towards Kalyani.
- IISER-K entrance (7 no Gate) would be on your left after about 1.6 km.
- Please note the following connections:
- There are regular buses (no 27) and auto rickshaws betwen Kalyani and Bara Jagulia. These buses
have stoppages at "7 no Gate" and "4 no Gate" of IISER Kolkata. "7 no Gate" is nearer
to the hostel, Lecture Hall complex and Research Complex.